Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Am I a Robot?

I like to be alone, I distance myself from the social world but people keep dragging me back in. When I'm alone colors are richer and sounds are more crisp. I can think for myself and not for you. When I'm alone I can work in the shadows, make you think I am 2 steps ahead when really I'm 3 steps behind. When I'm alone I contemplate my image and check to see if I am the person that my mother and god would want me to be.
As I've grown, emotions became baggage or bullets for popularity assassins. It's easy to feel nothing at all rather than to feel and then fall. If I am a robot, I will stay a robot until I've decided that it is safe to drop my metal casing.

5 comments:

  1. I truly love this writing. It is really blunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So good. Really.
    Loved your word choice.
    It really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are really good! I love your word choice. It really makes you think. Amazing post, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so good, the only criticism I could come up with is that I want more. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "make you think I am 2 steps ahead when really I'm 3 steps behind." YEAH GO GET EM

    ReplyDelete